Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Paint-brushes and keychains



Hello there!

Earlier this day I was sitting in my room when I glanced at my latest DIY project and decided that I’d like to show you what exactly I did to make my room more comfy.  :)


1. Chevron pattern on canvas

Things you need:

  • Canvas
  • Ruler, pen
  • Painters tape
  • Paint brushes
  • Gold spray paint
  • Acrylic paint
  • Newspaper

How to:

- First, measure where you want your painters-tape (and your white stripes) to be.
- Then use your tape to mask out your wanted design.
- Use the gold spray paint to get a golden background on your canvas.
- Layer the different acrylic colors on the canvas by using different brushes.
- When the paint is completely dry, remove the tape to reveal your pattern

Process and result:





2. Key hooks for my keychains

Things you need:

  • Any kind of a wooden board – I used a small white shelf panel from IKEA
  • Ruler, pen
  • Something pointy like an awl
  • Spray paint
  • Common Nails
  • Hammer

How to:

- Measure where you want your nails to be and make markings with a pen
- Pre-drill with an awl or something else
- Spray paint the wooden board with a color you like
- Allow to dry
- Use the hammer to drive the nails in the board

Result:



    
Bye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment